Monday, December 12, 2011

Party time


I hosted the Maine RWA holiday party on Saturday. Dang, we are a bunch of good cooks. Casseroles, salads, nibbly bits, desserts, and chocolates.

I ate far too much but I had to try a bit of everything. It was my duty as the hostess. Much like I need to taste-test the dough when I'm baking cookies.

We did a Yankee gift exchange, and even though my first gift was ripped from my hands *giggle*, I came away with a lovely collection of writerly bits and bobs.

The highlight of the afternoon, in my opinion, was the company. We chatted and laughed, and shared the joys and tribulations of being writers.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time - and there's always good food at these type of gatherings, isn't there? December should just be known as "Binge Month" with no guilt, no worries, and no vegetables (OK, maybe a carrot or two in, say, a cake).

    And I am very happy to hear that you test your cookie dough - wouldn't want to serve bad cookies to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of Binge Month. Binge-ember? This time of year I'm quite often singing "Tis the season to get fatter, fa la la, la la, la la la la".

    ReplyDelete